Visits by appointment only!
Please book your visit by calling +49 (0)221 5973-246.
|First Monday of the month||10:50 a.m. – 6:55 p.m.
(access from 3:45 p.m. only permitted with certificate of employment)
|Monday - Thursday||7:50 a.m. – 3:55 p.m.|
Every visitor needs a valid german ID card, a passport or an equivalent document from another country. In case you want to visit a prisoner with noted restrictions, you need to organize a permission by the court or the prosecution before you can make an appointment at prison
It is absolutely necessary that you arrive on time to ensure visits can proceed in a proper and timely manner. For that reason, please arrive at prison a half an hour before your actual appointment.
Upon arrival you need to draw a number at the machine in the waiting area and fill in a form. Please keep in mind that there are a lot of visitors trying to get appointments.
As our capacaties are limited, we ask you to cancel your appointment on time if you are not able to make it, so that the slot can be reassigned to someone else.
Your appoinment may be cancelled if prisoners are being relocated. The visitor department has no control over that.
Every visitor will be checked before entering the prison. At this point you need to show all your documents and forms o the prison guards. You will be lead through a door frame similar to those used at airports. Please be sure to follow the instructions of the prison guards.
If you have a pacemaker please inform them before entering the control!
Any loose items, for an example keys, a wallet, chewing gum, a mobilephone or any kind of watches must be stored in a locker.
A ‘detailed check’ will also be performed.
The following condictions are neccesary to be able to visit a prisoner while the COVID-19 pandemic
- You must have been fully vaccinated for at least 14 days, and be able to prove this for example through a vaccination certificate.
- In case you have recovered from a previous infection you need to prove thisthrough a PCR test taken between 28 days and six months prior.
- In case you don‘t fulfill the criteria above, you have to provide a written or digital proof of a negative test (rapid antigen test) of the same day or a PCR test taken within the last 24 hours. The test needs to be taken at a official testcenter or a doctor‘s office
Further restrictions due to COVID-19
- Every prisoner is allowed to have one visit of 45 minutes a month. He/she can receive two people at one visit; all children together counted as one person.
- Every visitor needs to bring their own face mask for the stay at the prison.
- Any physical contact between the visitor and the prisoner is not allowed.
- The general hygiene and distancing rules must be followed.
Please also note
- If you need to use a toilet while your visit at the prison, you need to do this before you enter the building. You can ring the bell in the waiting area and ask an officer for the key to the toilet. The toilet is in a hut outside the building.
- No objects or food/drinks/tobacco can be handed over without prior consent
- No vending machines (tobacco, sweets, etc.) currently available for use
- Any headscarfs or other type of clothing to cover your head and face for religous reasons need to be removed for your visit, due to safety reasons.
- In case you visit a prisoner where there are restrictions noted, you need to speak in german or you need to organize a court-certified translator.
Regulations for defense lawyers, representatives of public authorities, court-appointed experts
You have to make an appointment before your visit. Appointments are possible from monday until thursday from 8 a.m. to 3:50 p.m.
Your request needs to be sent by fax to 0221 5973-427.
Your fax must include the following information:
- Your name and job title
- Your telephone number for any further questions
- The last name, first name and date of birth of the prisoner
- The exact day and time you would like to visit the prisoner. Also inform us about the length of your visit.
If you need to cancel your appointment or are running late, please inform us, over the phone number 0221 5973-267.
Real-time transfers will not be accepted.
|Payee||Zahlstelle der JVA Köln|
|Account number||109 405 07|
|Bank code||370 100 50|
For standard prisoners (men and women)
|IBAN||DE35 3701 0050 0010 9405 07|
For prisoners of the semi-open prison (women)
|IBAN||DE16 3701 0050 0987 0015 06|
You are not allowed to send money to a prisoner via post. You are able to transfer money for a prisoner to the bank account of the prison of cologne. The prisoner will then be able to purchase articles over our shopping system.
You are also able to receive pre-printed bank transfer forms at your visit, from the officers of the visitors department.
Please always make sure to note the prisoners last name, first name and date of birth as purpose of payment. This is the only way to ensure the payment is assigned to the right person.
The head of the prison of cologne